Happy Re-New Year!
Suggestions to making your life more peaceful, your body and mind calmer, and your relations easier with tips to de-stress in one hour or less.
1. Make Time for Yourself – Take a break. Just a 5-minute walk gets your circulation going and reduces the stress hormone cortisol. Physical activity and the mental act of taking a break will help you feel in control. Increase your walk to 30 minutes a day and keep “fat” away.
2. Have Regular Bodywork – Studies show that massage is extremely effective at reducing stress, lowering levels of anxiety and improving moods of the massage recipients.
3. Get Organized – Organize your desk, junk drawers or a closet. De-cluttering your surroundings gives you a sense of accomplishment, making you feel more in control.
4. Laugh A Lot – Research has shown laughter is healing and can help you to de-stress.
5. Get Enough Rest – Sleep repairs the body and makes it easier to cope with stress. When you’re feeling like you a need a pick me up, grab a 20 minute power nap and recharge. Napping isn’t being lazy, it’s a quick refill for your brain and body so they can continue to work effectively and efficiently.
6. Be Thankful.
7. Be in the Moment.